Thursday, October 1, 2009

Temple v. Buffalo

I went to my first Temple sporting event on Saturday September 26th. It was the Temple v. Buffalo football game at the Lincoln Financial Field. I am not a football follower so it was difficult to define the "opportune moments." Temple won: 37 to 13, so it ended up being a more exciting day than expected. 

This is a pretty basic photo, but I like the repetition of their uniforms. 
Here's my attempt at a football feature. I am glad I was able to get my aperture low enough that I blurred out the background. 
I was having trouble with the sun and clouds. I was shooting manually and there were clouds that kept moving in and out of the way of the sunlight, making me have to change my settings. I think this photograph is a little washed out because the whites look a little too bright, but I still like the moment. 
I learned that there is a difference between dancers and cheerleaders at Temple football games. She is a part of the Diamond Gems Dance Team.  
An angry moment. I learned that football allows players to let the "fight" out. 
I like that there was two players going for the ball in this shot. I was only shooting with a 135mm lens so I couldn't blur the background out. It's too bad because that would have made it better. 
I like all of the action packed into this one tiny space in this shot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment