Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bocce Ball

Bocce Ball is a sport. It is an ancient game that's most popular in Italy. The Italian Club at Temple got a group of players together yesterday, Wednesday September 30th on the lawn next to the Tyler building (across from SCAT).  
The most beautiful Bocce set. The larger balls are thrown at the smaller ball. It was hard to avoid my reflection. I'm in there a little bit. 
They are determining who's ball (larger throwing ball) got closest to the target (smaller ball). Whoever is closest wins the round. This feels a little to far away I think. 
My attempt at a self portrait. 
I like the shadow in the shot. I wish I had used shallower focus. 
The winning ball. 
This shot is more informational than anything. It shows how the game is played. 
Players deliberate  who is the winner of the match after all of the balls have been thrown. It looks like red took this round.  Although I cut off their torsos and heads I still like this shot. The lighting is nice and I think it still gets the point across. 

No comments:

Post a Comment