Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Philadelphia's First Naked Bike Ride

Philadelphia's Naked Bike Ride: need I say more? To show support for biker awareness/ safety, gas free transportation, and oh yes- nakedness- bikers got together on Sunday, September 6 and biked around some of Philadelphia's most popular spots. So, as advised, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do," I tagged along, bared all I felt like daring and had a very good time. Just as the bikers ranged in ages, from as young as infancy (babies were in those carrier seats) to people who might be eligible for the SEPTA senior discount, we also varied in the amount of clothes shed. Some just took off their shirt, while others went for the full monty (and all of the others in between). All in all, I think this is one experience I'm glad I had before I died- complete and utter silliness. If we didn't achieve any of PNBR's original goals, I know for certain it made a lot of Philadelphian's laugh their heads off. 

Above: I like this photograph. It was hard to take because I was biking. I wish that a few more people were in better focus but the motion adds to the story.   

This photograph shows this guy how I saw him. I just wish there were catch lights in his eyes. 

This is just for fun. He did that spontaneously. I'm glad that I took it horizontal. 
Go Temple! Where's your cherry & white? 

OOh, I hope this made you laugh. That is all it's there for. 

I like this photograph because it helps show one of the reasons why so many people stripped down. It was funny how the more naked people were around you the more your own body image was boosted. It was good to see real people with real bodies, and not those air brushed plastics that are splattered on billboards across the nation. The only thing I would want changed (If I had my wish), would be having that guy in the background move so he was not coming out of this poor girls head. 
He seems to be another photographer on the ride. I like this photo and I really don't care that he is almost centered (which probably makes me some horrible person for breaking the rules). 


No comments:

Post a Comment