Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Friday

It's first friday, and the beginning of the fringe festival: a time when artists, wanna be artists and spectators congregate to do whatever they do.  

Above: This is Grover K. Freelend. He is 70 years of age, and an artist who once studied at UArts.  I ran into him a few blocks away from the main event near Elbow Lane and Chestnut Street. He has been to Japan and Sweden and does artwork that combines styles from the places that he has been to with his own flair. His artwork that was displayed this night was mostly water color with ink on paper. Personally I don't like this photograph. There was no light besides the street lamp and I couldn't stoop to blind the man with my pop up flash. It's too dark and I wish I could see his eyes, but this was as light as I could get it without asking him to hold still or setting up a tripod. 

This is Joe Kramer, age 23. He was texting next to Christ Church. I saw him basically how I took the photo. I just wish there wasn't a million posts and tree branches coming out of his head. 
This is Patrische Sandrs, age 25. He was painting on 2nd near Market Street. This is what the scene looked like. I think the photograph is alright, but it's not one I'm going to write home about. Maybe it's not close enough. 

This is Andrew Dyer, his card say's "DARDART." He designed his own outfit and struck this pose when he noticed me camera ninja-ing him. He is at the corner of 2nd and Market. He is the best part of this photograph. My photograph itself is okay. I'm glad I got his entire outfit, if only there was some inspired sun ray that graced his metallic pants and matching jacket as I opened my shutter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment